Join Our Team
Experienced Retail Sales Assistant - Casual Role
The Panton Store is a boutique homewares store based in Prahran, Melbourne, specialising in pottery, plants, books, and utilitarian goods for the home.
We have been trading since 2009 and our business has a strong emphasis on personalised customer service, a curated product offering and impeccable visual merchandising.
If you love our store, you will be pleased to know we have an opening for an experienced Retail Sales Assistant to join our team, commencing this month.
The role is casual, however we are looking for someone who has the flexibility to work additional hours in the lead up to Christmas and beyond.
The ideal applicant for this role would need to be have the flexibility within their schedule to be available 2-3 days per week (15-24 hours), which will include the odd Saturday.
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following attributes:
- Have a minimum of 5 years retail experience in a similar role.
- Has a very sharp eye for detail both in Visual Merchandising and administration.
- Be able to demonstrate strong sales skills through product knowledge and the ability to read a customers needs.
- The ability to think on your feet in a busy retail environment.
- You'd pride yourself on providing excellent customer service and follow through to close a sale.
- You'd have proficient Mac computer skills, and have good knowledge of Excel, VEND, Shopify, or a similar POS platform.
- You'd have good communication skills, in particular when dealing with customers on the phone.
- You are able to demonstrate that you can think with a level head when working in busy times and under pressure.
- You are organised, have good administration skills, and are good with numbers.
- You can demonstrate initiative and are comfortable to work autonomously.
- Visual Merchandising and maintaining the store presentation is something that you'd enjoy and comes naturally to you.
- You have a strong understanding of inventory management and stocktaking.
- Are comfortable to stand on your feet most of the day, lift boxes, and climb up a ladder.
- You can gift-wrap quickly and beautifully.
- You'd be a team minded person, and are happy to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You'd be a people person, who enjoys interacting with people of all ages and building relationships.
- Has a bright and engaging personality, and is always well presented.
- You would have a strong work ethic and be available to work the hours stated as above.
There is an opportunity for this role to continue on working additional shifts through the Christmas season and beyond, depending on trade and the availability of other team members.
This role is working within a tight knit team, which includes the business owner, our store manager, and two other casuals.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you please submit your application in writing that includes:
A cover letter outlining your availability, suitability, your relevant experience, and what interests you in this role.
- Your CV.
- Two references or referees.
Email submissions to email@example.com by no later than June 21st 2020.
Only written applications will be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only short listed candidates will be contacted.