Retail Sales Assistant - Part-Time
Commencing October 1st
The Shelley Panton Store is a boutique homewares store based in Prahran, Melbourne, specialising in pottery, plants, books, and utilitarian goods for the home.
We have been trading since 2009 and our business has a strong emphasis on personalised customer service, a curated product offering and impeccable visual merchandising.
We have an opening for an experienced Retail Sales Assistant to join our team this spring. This role is working within a tight knit team, which includes the business owner, our store manager, and two casuals.
The role is part-time, however we are looking for someone who has the flexibility to work full-time hours during our business’s peak trading times.
For your information our business’s peek trading times included October-December, during trade fair season, and to cover other staff when they are away.
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following attributes:
- Have a strong sales skills and the ability to read a customers needs.
- A passion for excellent customer service and follow through.
- A strong work ethic and at least 5 years experience in a similar role
- A sharp eye for visual merchandising and maintaining the presentation of the store.
- Be a people person, who enjoys interacting and building relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular when dealing with customers on the phone.
- You have the ability to lead by example.
- Strong administration and business writing skills.
- Can demonstrate a strong sense of initiative.
- You’d be a highly organised person who is good with numbers.
- You have a strong understanding of inventory management and stocktaking.
- Have Mac computer skills, with the ability to use excel and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of Shopify, VEND, or similar online and POS platforms.
- You are comfortable working to a brief and sales target.
- The ability to think on your feet in a busy retail environment.
- Are comfortable to lift boxes and climb up a ladder.
- You can gift-wrap quickly and beautifully.
- You’d have pride in your appearance and your surroundings.
- Great knowledge and a passion for indoor plants, craft, design and homewares.
- You'd be a team minded person, and are happy to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You'd be available to work one weekend day as part of your three-five day roster.
- You would be available to start 1st October 2018.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you please submit your CV and a cover letter in writing, outlining your availability, what interests you in this role, and your relevant experience.
Email your submissions to email@example.com by no later than 5.00pm on September 15th 2018.
Only written applications will be considered.
The salary is negotiable for the right candidate.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only short listed candidates will be contacted.